Thursday, January 14, 2010

';is it safe to take my 7month old nephew to the nail salon while i get a pedicure?? He is a well behaved 7 mon

month old baby boy my main concern if the fumes from the glues/ acrylics...... any advice please';is it safe to take my 7month old nephew to the nail salon while i get a pedicure?? He is a well behaved 7 mon
As you will have to sit him on the floor in his seat or even if you hold him, I would say no. The fumes being the biggest thing, but also most nail places despite their attempts at cleanliness are rather filthy. See if you can get a friend or relative to watch him for an hour, I think you would also enjoy your ';ME'; time a little more if you were by yourself.';is it safe to take my 7month old nephew to the nail salon while i get a pedicure?? He is a well behaved 7 mon
I know some people will not like this, but oh well.....when my first baby was only three days old I took her with me to get a pedicure and manicure. Sometime's we just need to take care of ourselves. I just kept her in her carseat with a blanket over it to help keep the fumes away from her. She never suffered from it. A 7month old though, I don't know. I'd say if you can keep him covered with out him yanking the cover off then it should be fine, but if not I would wait until you could get a sitter.
If it is well ventilated, i see no problem with this. My mother-in-law owns a beauty salon, and my son now 6 was first in there at 3 weeks old. Now he would rather stay with her while she is there. He has had no ill effects from it. Being exposed to perms, hair dyes and etc. most of that is stronger smelling than the acrylic nails. My daughter was 3 weeks old also for her first time in the salon.
eeww nail salon... why would woman do such a nasty thing?
It's fine. I've seen people with newborns in there. So 7months is better than 6weeks. It will be fine!!:)(:
I think u better keep him home... i have a 7 mth old boy myself and i dare not use nail polish around him as i fear the fumes. they will definately affect him. keep yr child away from all these fumes as much as possible.
The fumes are DEFINITELY NOT healthy for his little body. Keep him home.

1 comment:

  1. I like your suggestions they are really helpful. Thank you so much for sharing this post.

    baby shampoo and body wash

    ReplyDelete