Friday, January 15, 2010

I am 26 wks with a baby boy,went to nail salon yday for pedicure n now am reading fumes are bad for baby boy?

I got so worried last night. I got a pedicure and she painted my toe nails.


I didnt smell any fumes as pedicure section was seperate and 2 men were getting it next to me.


I read the baby boys genitals can be affected.Have I done harm?


What do I do now? I am getting a non acetone remover to remove the polish today tho it looks so pretty.





Please adviceI am 26 wks with a baby boy,went to nail salon yday for pedicure n now am reading fumes are bad for baby boy?
You are going to be a good mom. Otherwise you wouldn't be worrying about the little stuff. Your baby is fine, just don't paint your nails anymore if it worries you : )I am 26 wks with a baby boy,went to nail salon yday for pedicure n now am reading fumes are bad for baby boy?
Unless your salon is the size of a closet you're fine. Use your own sense, if you think the fumes are too strong/can smell them too clearly, ask for a fan to stir the air up or a cracked window for ventilation. I got my hair and nails done several times while pregnant, and my monkey is a big and healthy boy. Hey, you're gaining weight and aching everywhere, and can't even have a drink. You should be pampered somehow right?
Yes they are bad for you and now you know, so don't do it again, but don't worry about the pedicure you already received. And be glad you do not do nails for a living!





There are some nail polishes out there that are safe for people to actually use. I love OPI's colors, but will not paint my nails again until I get some of the non-toxic stuff.
You are fine! Don't listen to the woman who said you aren't. It is perfectly FINE to get pedicures. A lot of fumes are not good, but doing it once in awhile is certainly NOT going to hurt anything. And there is definitely no reason to remove the nail polish. It is not hurting anything being there. If you don't believe me, ask your OB. He/she will tell you that you are fine as well.
i actually went and got one the day i started having contractions cuz i heard that they could help bring labor on, i think if you were to get a mani it might be a lil worse but i dont think a pedi would be a problem cuz its not up by your face, oh and it didnt bring labor on right away i didnt end up goin in thil midnight and i got it in the afternoon so dont think it really worked
LOL! No your baby will be fine. I had a pedi done 2 days ago. I just made sure I was the only one in there to limit the fumes. It'll be fine. Don't worry.
your baby gonna be fine, i was pregnant %26amp;%26amp; work through my pregnancies at the nail salon and my babie came out healthy and fine
why only baby boy? lol there bad for everyone but i doubt just one session would be fatal just dont go there regularly till u have had the baby
Dont be so ridiculous.
they are bad for you and the baby yes...stay away from the nail solons and that stuff until after you have him...baby's health is way more important than pretty nails or hair. you dont want to be the one saying 'my kid has this birth defect but hey look at my gorgeous nails.';

No comments:

Post a Comment